High Tech Jobs
High Tech Jobs
Get to Know Me
- Lifelong resident of North Carolina (and proud of it)
- Moved to the Whitehall Manor neighborhood in Apex in 2009
- Served on the Whitehall Manor HOA Board of Directors since 2011
- Initially fell in love with Apex after attending the Olde Fashioned Fourth of July
- Married to high school sweetheart Alison since 2008
- Proud owner of two high-energy dogs: Rösti and Pixel
- Enjoys jogging, gardening, craft beer, and both UNC and NCSU sports
- Earned a Ph.D in Atmospheric Science from North Carolina State University in 2012
- Dissertation title: “Marine Organic Aerosols and Their Implication to Climate”
- Graduated with degrees in Environmental Science and Geography at the
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2007
- Attended North Carolina public schools in Buncombe County from grades K-12
- Senior Superlative at T.C. Roberson High School: Most Dependable
What I Do Professionally
- Currently works as a statistician at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency analyzing air quality across the US and determining trends in pollution levels resulting from recent emission reductions
- These analyses help show compliance with health-based standards and air quality/visibility improvement resulting from EPA rules
- Previously worked as a postdoc at the EPA to improve marine emissions in the air quality model used by EPA and researchers around the world
- Co-author on 25 peer-reviewed publications in journals such as Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, Environmental Science & Technology, and Geoscientific Model Development
Beers with Brett
I’d like to learn what you like about Apex or things you’d like to see change. What better way to do that than to get together at Southern Peak Brewery for great beers and good conversation?
Select a time below (or Click Here) and I’ll meet you there!
There are two words that describe my first year on the Town Council: honored and exhausted. I'm honored to have the opportunity to vote on policy initiatives like paid family and bereavement leave for Apex employees and prohibiting smoking in Town parks and greenways....
The most interesting part of being on the Apex Town Council thus far has been my involvement in the development of the 2018-2019 fiscal year budget spanning July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019. My first task was eye-opening: I was given a stack of 47 index cards with...
When I moved to Whitehall Manor in 2009, I immediately saw the need for a paved connection to the Beaver Creek Greenway and a sidewalk along South Salem to Downtown Apex. After unsuccessfully advocating for the projects by myself, I realized that I needed help. Once...
As a resident of the Whitehall Manor neighborhood in Apex, I've seen the effects of poor Town planning in the form of the proposed Apex Peakway Southwest Connector. This bridge across South Salem and the railroad tracks will result a 30+ foot wall in the backyard of...
As a Board Member of the Whitehall Manor HOA since 2011, I've had the pleasure of helping to improve the neighborhood pool, build a neighborhood playground, enhance the neighborhood social gatherings, update the entrance landscaping/lighting with energy efficient...
As the son of a long-time Buncombe County Commissioner, I witnessed firsthand the positive impact that local politicians can have on people's lives. While serving on the Commission from 1996 to 2016, he had a part in creating county-wide land-use regulations,...
Support the Campaign
I need your help and support in this campaign to represent your voice on the Apex Town Council.
Support the Campaign
Your contribution will be used in accordance with state law. Contributions are not tax deductible. State law requires us to use our best efforts to collect and report the name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employer of individuals whose contributions aggregate in excess of $50 per election. Please include this information with your check or in the message box of the online donation. If you are retired, please list your last employer, or field of work. Corporate and business entity contributions are prohibited.
Please make checks payable to "Gantt for Apex" 1006 Cuddington Ct. Apex, NC 27502
Use the slider below to adjust your contribution.